It took bitcoin a little over a decade to establish itself as a viable investment asset for both private and institutional investors. However, it still isn’t as simple to buy bitcoin in Belgium as it should be.
Signing up for bitcoin exchanges and filling out lengthy identity verification forms can be cumbersome and time-consuming, leaving many new potential bitcoin buyers to give up before they have even started.
Fortunately, Belgian investors can now buy bitcoin within minutes (and without ID verification) using Europe’s easiest bitcoin investing app, Relai.
Learn how to buy bitcoin in Belgium using Relai in this step-by-step guide.
Buying Bitcoin in Belgium Using Relai
In June 2020, we launched Relai with the aim to provide an app that enables anyone in Europe to seamlessly buy bitcoin with a few clicks. The outcome is a highly user-friendly mobile app that only requires a three-step process to purchase bitcoin.
The three-step process to buy bitcoin with Relai entails:
- Downloading the Relai app (available for Android or iOS)
- Selecting the amount of bitcoin (BTC) you want to buy (in euros)
- Making the payment to receive your bitcoin
Now, let’s look at how buying bitcoin works in a bit more detail to help you with your first bitcoin purchase using Relai.
- Access www.relai.ch and download Relai onto your mobile phone. The app is available on both iOS and Android.
- Once you have downloaded the Relai app, set up your passcode to ensure no one else can access it, and back up your wallet. You can find your wallet backup in the ‘Settings’ section. (It’s important that you write down your backup phrase and store it securely. If something happens to your phone, the backup phrase allows you to restore your wallet and regain access to your coins.)
- Then, click on the ‘Buy Bitcoin’ section and put in the amount of bitcoin you want to buy in euros. Bitcoin purchases start at €10 but you can buy as much as €100 worth of BTC on your first purchase. (After your first transaction, you can buy up to €900 per day!)
- Once you have chosen how much bitcoin you want to purchase, click ‘Next’ to see the payment details screen.
- Finally, input the payment details into your banking app to make the payment to Relai’s brokerage partner, Bity. (But don’t forget to add the reference number!)
And that’s it!
Buying bitcoin can be THAT easy.
Your BTC will arrive in your Relai wallet as soon as your payment settles.